Instructions to update your wallet:
1) Start with making a backup of your current wallet, just in case.
(a) Go to your main Pac core folder and copy and paste the wallet.dat file to at least 2 usb keys
2) Close your wallet.
3) Choose your operating system here – https://github.com/PACCommunity/PAC/releases/tag/v0.12.3.0
4) Install the wallet.
5) Your $PAC Core wallet should now be open and updated.
6) To make sure you’re running the right wallet open the wallet and click on “Paccoin Core” and click on “About $PAC Core”.
7) The wallet version should be saying $PAC Core version v0.12.3.0
8) Delete your old $PAC Core SHORTCUT, otherwise, you will load up the old $PAC Core wallet.
How to update your masternode with shell script on a VPS to the latest verion (only for Cold wallet setup)
1) Go to your VPS and execute the following commands on the command line.
2) Run this command:
3) Run this command:
chmod +x pac-update.sh
4) Run this command:
Or run this single line to execute all the previous commands in one go:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PACCommunity/PAC/master/pac-update.sh && chmod +x pac-update.sh && ./pac-update.sh
5) Get the new wallet update by following the above instructions (Instructions to wallet update).
6) Start Masternode again. Two options:
(a) Run this command:
./pac/paccoin-cli masternode start-alias MNxx
MNxx is your masternode alias name.
(b) Open your new wallet and under the masternode section choose your MN and click start alias.
7) To check that your masternode is successfully started – run this command from your VPS:
~/paccoin-cli masternode status
It should say if the masternode is successfully started and under your masternode section check that it says Protocol 70213
Follow the instructions: 1) Do you want to autobackup wallet.dat and continue with the process? [y/n]: Type yes to backup and continue or no to stop process.
If you have any questions to the above then feel free to reach out to some of our mods on discord.